N2 Applied has found a test- and reference site – as well as an excellent partner – for a first application of our N Fix plasma reactor technology. The partner is Cambi AS, and the reference site will be at Hamar, Norway. Here N2 Applied will install our first N Fix plasma reactor prototype – produced by SBI GmbH in Austria – in Cambi’s pilot biogas plant by May 2014.
Cambi’s objective is to improve the robustness of the biogas business case. With N2 Applied’s technology Cambi will add locally produced nitrate/nitrogen to the bio-rest. The bio-rest – both the wet and the dry parts – will be sought ransformed into high value fertilizer products.
Cambi is building biogas plants for plant owners all over the world – the largest so far handling organic waste for the city of Washington DC in the US. In the process design we will work with the plant owner’s everyday value chain to find how molecules in gas, fluid or solid state may be manipulated by nitrate/nitrogen and related chemistry.
Paal Jahre Nielsen is responsible for Research and Development in Cambi and will head the initiative from Cambi’s side. Rune Ingels is N2 Applied’s project manager. (Nitrogen for recovering organic Nitrogen – project description)
Cambi has been involved in the development of environmental technology since 1989. The company was originally founded by Glommen Skogeierforening and in 1992 Petrol Holding AS took over as the main shareholder. After a capital expansion in 1997, Cambi ASA was established. The ownership structure was changed in 2006 and the main owners are now Petrol AS, PEBA AS, and Mallin Venture AS in addition to the employees. The ownership and capital situation gives Cambi freedom to make investments in process and product development, and resources to build, own and operate plants.
Cambi is a leading provider of technology to convert biodegradable material to renewable energy, with high quality in deliveries, competence and expertise.
Cambi in brief
- Environmental technology since 1989
- Numerous international turn-key references
- Meets today’s and future environmental requirements
- Highly skilled and experienced people
- Leading expertise within biogas production from biomass
- Core technology within industrial pre-treatment and biological energy conversion • Turn-key supplier of processing plants with core technology and supplementary systems
- Proprietary technologies – a number of patents and patent’s pending
- International network of companies, partners and representatives
- Successful record from executing projects with a number of clients and partners.
Cambi creates value from:
- Municipal and industrial sludge
- Bio-waste, including food waste and slaughterhouse residues
- By-products and waste from processing industry and agriculture activitiesDrawing of a Cambi biogas plant in Washington DC. Link to website.
- Lignocellulosic feedstock
- Distiller’s wet grains, thin and whole stillage
- Cambi shall contribute to improve the world’s ecological balance.
Business Idea :
- Cambi shall be leading within biological energy conversion.
- Cambi will achieve this through leading technology and quality in deliveries.