We are looking for an inquisitive and bet taking colleague to strengthen the N2 research and development team. You will develop methods, run small- and large-scale trials and continually improve the knowledge of the N2 process’ potential and effect on microorganisms and pathogens as we aim for fundamentally improving global food production.
You are a self-starter, a team player and a pragmatic resolver. You have a strong commitment to your profession, and you recognize opportunities, generate missions, solve problems and lead and inspire others in pursuing them.
Main tasks for you and the team are:
- Method development and research
- Identify and implement suitable methods for quantitative and qualitative determination of microbial communities.
- Run and/or contribute to external research projects with universities and research institutes globally.
- Design, conduct and report inhouse trials
- Identify and formulate relevant research questions and topics.
- Plan and execute trials in laboratory and pilot scale in cooperation with laboratory team.
- Process design
- Translate existing and new knowledge into process design input.
Qualifications and qualities:
- Educated in microbiology, biotechnology, microbial ecology or similar.
- Experience with research and development linked to microbial control or analysis methods.
- Ability to learn and implement new knowledge quickly.
- Self-driven, innovative and proactive
- High ethical standards and integrity
A problem-solving mindset and the ability and willingness to learn new concepts are your most important attributes.
Most likely you behold a MSc or a PhD degree in addition to 10+ years of industrial experience.
What we offer:
Agriculture, the oldest human enterprise, must be decarbonized while maintaining productivity to feed humanity – all 8 billion of us. We offer you the opportunity to take part and contribute to a world with less emissions and more sustainable food production.
A key position in a company following the scientific path of one of the ground-breaking industrial innovations of Norway.
We want unorthodox ideas developed through a process of tinkering or “trying it out”. Curiosity and experimentation sit at the heart of what we do.
A team of 50 inspired colleagues consisting of a range of different backgrounds in technology and other fields of expertise. Alongside developing cutting edge technology, the team focuses on building a nourishing work environment through social happenings during and after work hours.
Opportunity for equity ownership in a company at the verge of scale up.
A young company backed by strong shareholders, in the process of establishing a footprint in key European and US markets.
- You are fluent written and spoken Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and English.
- Some travelling must be expected, mostly within normal working hours.
- Workplace will be at our head office in Asker, working in close cooperation with the company’s test centre in Svene in the vicinity of Kongsberg, Norway
Please send us your CV and a motivational letter through finn.no.
Søknader på norsk er også velkomne.
Application date: August 25th 2023
Applications will be processed continuously.